About the race
The annual Barrow Runners Prestwold 10K has been cancelled because of COVID-19, so we are going virtual for 2020.
Barrow Runners would like to invite our members, fellow clubs, and all runners and walkers to help us raise money for our nominated Club charity, Rainbows Children's Hospice in Loughborough.
This is an opportunity to race (fast or slow), have some fun, and raise some money for a fantastic cause at this difficult time.
How it will work
1. Enter on EventEntry
before midnight Friday 19th June
2. Run your own 10K route
over the Prestwold 10K weekend (Sat 20 - Sun 21 June)
Club runners should don their club colours for that race day feeling.
3. Post your time
via our online form by midnight on Sunday 21st June, so we can publish individual results and calculate club team standings
How to enter
- Enter on the Event Entry website
- The race is open to all club affiliated and unaffiliated runners (and walkers) that are 16 years+ (under 16s must run with a responsible adult)
- We are suggesting £10 (a tenner for 10k), but give what you can afford with a minimum of £5
- There will be a 75p entry charge on top of your donation to cover costs, otherwise EVERY penny of your donation will go to Rainbows
- Entry deadline is midnight Friday 19th June
- Run in club colours (if you belong to a club)
- Remember to get a selfie to share with us and for possible inclusion in the Loughborough Echo
- There are no momentos, medals or prizes for this virtual race
- Do not try to run the Prestwold 10k race route, this is closed and on private land
IMPORTANT: All participants are expected to run in a safe environment and follow the latest Government instructions to ensure a safe run for themselves and others.
Results will be compiled and published here.
Like the Prestwold 10K we will publish age category winners.
Please note: this is not a Leicestershire Road Running League race, nor a licensed race. Your results will not be shared with or recorded by UK Athletics.
To encourage some inter-club competition, we will also generate team standings for Leicestershire Road Running League clubs as follows:
- Women - first six for each club (including vets) will be the A team and the next six the B team
- Men - first eight for each club (including vets) will be the A team and the next eight the B team
- Women Vets - first three for each club will be the A team and the next three the B team
- Men Vets - first four for each club will be the A team and the next four the B team
- Mixed - first four women and first four men for each club
Follow the event on Facebook