Download the Prestwold 10k 2019 final results [CSV]
View photos of 2019 by Mehul Vaitha.
About the race
The popular Prestwold 10K road race returns this Summer as part of the Leicestershire Road Running League (LRRL).
Set over a fast course around the private Prestwold Driving Centre airfield and quiet surrounding country lanes, Prestwold is the perfect race if you're ready to take the step up to 10K or eager for a quick time.
This year's Prestwold 10k is kindly sponsored by Hunter Aitkenhead & Walker Chartered Financial Planners.
Transfers for this year's race are now closed.
NO refunds or deferrals. Duplicate entries will be cancelled.
Race day info
- all race numbers and timing chips to be collected on day from the Registration Tent in Race Village - no race numbers were sent in the post
- club representatives should collect their pack of numbers on the morning to distribute to their runners
- no baggage drop (the car park is next to the start / finish area)
- no on the the day registrations or transfers for 10km race - only for the fun run
- no headphones
- number collection from 8.30am
- Fun run starts: 9.15am - enter on the day (£2 per person)
- 10km race starts: 10.00am
Travel and parking
There is plenty of free parking next to start/finish area.
Prestwold Driving Centre
Important: the entrance to the carpark will be closed during the actual race for the safety of runners reentering the Prestwold estate, so cannot be used by spectators coming to see the finish / meet runners.
Also please note the exit from the car park is different from the entrance.
- 1 Mile fun run from the start / finish area
- £2 per person
- entries on the day from the Registration Desk
- medal for the children
- younger children will need to be accompanied by an adult
In the event of hot weather conditions
Please note that if the race-day weather is excessively hot (as it was in 2017) the Race Committee may opt to reduce the length of the race in the interest of runners' welfare.
There will be water stations on the course and water will be distributed at the finish. Drinks are also available for purchase from the start/finish area.
About the race
- open to all: from first time 10k racers to club runners
- chip timing
- race momento
- water stations on the course
- free parking next to start/finish area
- KM markers
- cash and voucher prizes for age categories
Proceeds from the race will go towards Derbyshire, Leicestershire and Rutland Air Ambulance.
A single lap, flat and fast course around the private Prestwold Driving Centre airfield and quiet surrounding country lanes.
The course is well marshalled with water stations.
Download large version of map
- km 0-1: long straight, slight downhill
- km 1-4: lap of the race circuit, mostly flat
- km 4-5: track to Burton road
- km 5-6: Burton Road, 'rolling' country road
- km 6-9: Wymeswold village to Hoton
- km 9-10: through the village and back into the Prestwold Driving Centre, slight downhill to finish
Online entries will open at 7pm, Monday 29th April on the EventEntry race web page.
- open to all runners (affiliated and unaffiliated)
- race limit of 900 runners
- Children's fun run - £2 per person (entries on the day only)
- £13 for club affiliated runners / £15 for non-affiliated runners
Note: Excel file times do not show correctly on some Apple devices.
The 2019 Prestwold 10k is kindly sponsored by Hunter Aitkenhead & Walker Chartered Financial Planners.