Queen's Jubilee bank holiday weekend: Thursday 02 June - Sunday 05 June
This virtual event is for Barrow Runners members to show their solidarity with the people of Ukraine and raise funds to support them.
Map: total distance run and walked after Day #4.
One long weekend: two big targets
1. Collectively run as a Club the 1,493 miles from Barrow to Kyiv
2. Raise £1,493 to match it
How it will work
- Adult and junior members run or walk (if running is not a good option) anytime over the Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday of the long bank holiday weekend. It can be a solo training run, a group social run, a Parkrun, a race... however you like to run. You can run anywhere you like. And you can run more than once over the weekend.
- Wear some yellow and blue and try to take a few action or post-run pics
- Record your distance and add it (with any pics of watches, Strava screens, and action running shots!) to the BR Facebook group message thread OR email it to [email protected]
- Make a donation to the Barrow Runners' Just Giving Page appeal for the Disasters Emergency Committee appeal
- Your effort will be added to the Club's total distance, which will be regularly updated and shared over the weekend