Club Championships 2022
The Barrow Runners Club Championship is a competition open to all members, which will include a range of popular events, varying each year, with a mix of on and off-road. The results of these will ultimately decide our annual awards, held in November.
We continue to support and compete in the LRRL (Leicestershire Road Running League) series and will continue to do so. However, the internal club championship has been our primary focus since 2017 to allow:
- accessibility to races and avoid the disappointment of missing deadlines due to sell-outs etc
- the award of 100% awards
- the support events of that are popular with members so our participation at these events is as high as possible.
- Introduction of new challenges and fresh focus.
- us to offer variety by changing the championship races each year and including a range of distances from 5k to half marathon.
- the provision of clear guidelines on how you can win awards, including age categories.
This year we have changed the scoring rules for the vet categories to follow how the winter championships are scored. Scoring will start from 100 for each category to allow for fair competition within the categories.
Thank you for your input and suggestions for this year's races. The 2022 events and dates are as follows, in selecting these races we have tried to maintain a balance throughout the year of local races that have capacity to take additional runners.
- 9th April - Melton parkrun
- 1st May - Livingston relays 5k (speak to Sue Taylor to be part of the team)
- 22nd May - Long Clawson 10k
- 7th June - Rothley 10k
- 25th June - Whaley Waltz Fell Race 5.8 miles
- 7th July - Nottingham University 5 miles (Notts Grand Prix)
- 15th July - Tara Kinder 10k
- August (Date TBC) - 3 Club Challenge
- 14th August - Newark Half Marathon
- 21st August - Garendon Gallop 10k
- 4th September - Rotherby 8 LRRL
- 18th September - Charnwood Challenge 10 miles
- 9th October - Shelton 10k
- 30 October - Leicester Half Marathon
View the Current Standings.
- There are 14 races selected (spread across the year April to October)
- Your best 7 results count towards your final score.
- Scoring is based on chip-time (or gun-time if chip-time not available) in age categories from official race results, i.e. fastest Barrow Male and Female V40 will both get 100 points, 2nd fastest Barrow Male and Female V40 will both get 99 points and so on... Likewise the fastest Barrow Male and Female V50 will both get 100 points, 2nd fastest Barrow Male and Female V50 will both get 99 points, and so on...
- The tables are split male/female then by age categories (with ten year gaps V40-V80).
- Table updates and publishing will be quick, as soon as results are available.