Sunday 24 June 2018 | 10:00am
Sponsored by Kirby & West
The popular Prestwold 10K road race returns this Summer as part of the Leicestershire Road Running League (LRRL).
Set over a fast course around the private Prestwold Driving Centre airfield and quiet surrounding country lanes, Prestwold is the perfect race if you're ready to take the step up to 10K or eager for a quick time.
About the race
- open to all: from first time 10k racers to club runners
- chip timing
- race village
- fun run (with a medal for runners) - entries on the day
- race momento
- water stations on the course
- free parking next to race village and start/finish line
- KM markers
- cash and voucher prizes for age categories
Proceeds from the race will go towards Derbyshire, Leicestershire and Rutland Air Ambulance.
Entries open: 7pm, Sunday 29 April 2018
Please note: this year's Prestwold 10K is part of the popular Leicestershire Road Running League, so places are expected to sell quickly.
- open to all runners (affiliated and unaffiliated)
- race limit of 900
- all entries online via the evententry.co.uk website
- fun run entries on the day
- no on the day registrations
- minimum age: 15yrs
Travel and parking
Prestwold Driving Centre
Free parking next to race village and start/finish line.
A single lap, flat and fast course around the private Prestwold Driving Centre airfield and quiet surrounding country lanes.
The course is well marshalled with water stations.
Download large version of map
- km 0-1: long straight, slight downhill
- km 1-4: lap of the race circuit, mostly flat
- km 4-5: track to Burton road
- km 5-6: Burton Road, 'rolling' country road
- km 6-9: Wymeswold village to Hoton
- km 9-10: through the village and back into the Prestwold Driving Centre, slight downhill to finish
Stalls will be confirmed closer to race day.
Note: Excel file times do not show correctly on some Apple devices.