Barrow Runners Mini Lockdown League
We've been invited by West End Runners to take part in a virtual 5k race on Saturday 6th Feb - and we thought why not use this as the first race in a mini Barrow Runners Lockdown League!
So starting from the 6th of Feb - then every 2 weeks taking us up to Easter, we are going to put on 5 virtual race distances for us all to have a go at, ending with a team event.
The "winners" of the league will earn themselves an Easter Egg! (You might have just burnt enough calories!)
Plus!!! For anyone who completes all 5 races, you'll also be entered into a draw to win one of 5 £10 Derby Runner Vouchers.
6th Feb - West End Virtual 5k (View on Facebook)
20th/21st Feb - 1 mile (View on Facebook)
6th/7th March - 5 miles (View on Facebook)
20th/21st March - 10k (View on Facebook)
3rd/4th April - 5k + team event.
This is for everyone, runners, walkers, joggers, juniors (just check with Ian Paramore first) everyone is welcome - club colours and plenty of photos are encouraged!
- All races can be completed anytime over the weekend
- West End have their own scoring rules for their race, to be included in their results you'll need to run on the 6th Feb
- The last race is a team event, but you are also welcome to run your own separate race that weekend if you wish
- Follow the Government's lockdown guidance at the time of the race
- Choose your own route, ideally an out and back or a loop ending where you started - avoiding any significant elevation loss overall
- There will be a Facebook post for each race for you to post your results/photos
- Please post your result by the Sunday evening
- For those not on Facebook, you can email your results to [email protected]
- Current standings will be published after each race
- If you want to post proof of your result from Strava/Garmin then please feel free
- We will have 2 tables for men and women
- 25 points for the 1st man/woman, 24 for 2nd etc... down to 1 point
- A bonus 25 points for completing all 5 races
- Top 3 men/women to win Easter eggs
- Must have raced 3/5 races to qualify
- If we get more than 10 100%ers - they will all be entered into a draw to win one of 5 £10 Derby runner vouchers
Our nominated charity is Rainbows so if anyone fancies donating them a few quid that would be very welcome.
Everyone have fun, and have a great run!