Sunday 26 June 2022, 10am
Entries for the 2022 edition go on sale on EventEntry at 8.00pm, Sunday 08 May 2022.
The Prestwold 10K is a Leicestershire Road Running League race, and entry will be initially restricted to members of LRRL clubs from 08-14 May. After that the race will be open to all entrants.
Minimum age: 15yo (on day of the race) and junior runners must be a member of an affiliated club.
About the race
The popular Prestwold 10K road race returns this Summer as part of the Leicestershire Road Running League (LRRL).
Set over a fast course around the private Prestwold Driving Centre airfield and quiet surrounding country lanes, Prestwold is the perfect race if you're eager for a quick time.
- 900 runners (back to 2019 levels)
- chip timing
- water stations on the course
- free parking next to start/finish area
- KM markers
- race momento
- cash and voucher prizes for age categories (to be confirmed)
- refreshments in the race village
- children's fun run (see details below)
Proceeds from the race will go towards Derbyshire, Leicestershire and Rutland Air Ambulance.
Race day info
- registration desk opens at 8.30am to collect numbers - NO numbers will be sent in the post
- club representatives should collect their pack of numbers on the morning from the registration desk (opens at 8.30am) to distribute to their runners
- no baggage drop (the car park is next to the start / finish area)
- no on the the day registrations or transfers
- some refreshments in the race village (coffees, teas, cold drinks, ice-creams)
- no headphones (of any type)
- Child fun run starts: Time TBC
- 10K race starts: 10:00
After the positive feedback about 2021's rolling start we will aim to do the same this year. In line with other LRRL races all results will be based on chip times, although faster runners will be encouraged to do a line up at the start, so they can race each other with greater certainty of knowing that if they cross the line ahead of someone they have beaten them!
Children's fun run
The popular children's fun run will make a return in 2022.
More details will be added here soon.
Registration for the fun run will be on the morning of the race from the Registration Desk.
Travel and parking
There is plenty of free parking next to start/finish area.
Prestwold Driving Centre
Important: the entrance to the carpark will be closed during the actual race for the safety of runners reentering the Prestwold estate, so cannot be used by spectators coming to see the finish / meet runners.
Also please note the exit from the car park is different from the entrance.
In the event of hot weather conditions
Please note that if the race-day weather is excessively hot (as it was in 2017) the Race Committee may opt to reduce the length of the race in the interest of runners' welfare.
There will be water stations on the course and water will be distributed at the finish. Drinks are also available for purchase from the start/finish area.
A single lap, fast course around the private Prestwold Driving Centre airfield and quiet surrounding country lanes.
The course is well marshalled with two water stations on the course, plus water at the finish line.
Download large version of map
- km 0-1: long straight, slight downhill
- km 1-4: lap of the race circuit, mostly flat
- km 4-5: track to Burton road
- km 5-6: Burton Road, 'rolling' country road
- km 6-9: Wymeswold village to Hoton
- km 9-10: through the village and back into the Prestwold Driving Centre, slight downhill to finish
2022 provisional results
Provisional results for the 2022 edition will be added here shortly after the race.
Note: Excel file times do not show correctly on some Apple devices.
Email: [email protected]