Sunday 25 June 2023, 10am
The Prestwold 10K is a Leicestershire Road Running League race, open to all entrants.
Entries for the 2023 edition are open on EventEntry and close midnight Wednesday 21 June 2023.
No on the day entries (except for the fun run).
- Affiliated runners - £12
- Unaffiliated runners - £14
Minimum age: 15yo (on day of the race) and junior runners must be a member of an affiliated club.
Transfers can made on the EventEntry transfers page until midnight Wednesday 21 June 2023.
About the race
The popular Prestwold 10K road race returns this Summer as part of the Leicestershire Road Running League (LRRL).
Set over a fast course around the private Prestwold Driving Centre airfield and quiet surrounding country lanes, Prestwold is the perfect race if you're eager for a quick time.
- 900 runners
- Chip timing
- Two water stations on the course + water at the end
- Free parking next to start/finish area
- KM markers
- Cash prizes for age categories
- Refreshments in the race village
- Children's 1M fun run (see details below)
Race proceeds support Barrow Runners and also go to the Derbyshire, Leicestershire and Rutland Air Ambulance.
Race day info
- Registration desk opens at 8.30am to collect numbers - NO numbers will be sent in the post
- Club representatives should collect their pack of numbers on the morning from the registration desk (opens at 8.30am) to distribute to their runners
- No baggage drop (the car park is next to the start / finish area)
- No on the the day registrations or transfers
- Some refreshments in the race village (cold drinks, ice-creams)
- No headphones (of any type)
- In line with other LRRL races all race positions for the League results will be based on gun times, and we will also use gun time for the senior men's and women's prizes. However, individual times will also be calculated on chip times and any age group prizes we award will be based on the chip times
- 8.15am - Registration Desk opens for number collection
- 9.15am - 1 Mile children's fun run starts
- 10:00am - 10K race starts
Children's fun run
- Approx. 1 mile - starting / finishing from the main start/finish area by the race village
- 9.15am start
- £2 to enter for each participant (included any supporting adults)
- Entries on the morning of the race (only) from the Registration Desk
Travel and parking
There is plenty of free parking next to start/finish area.
Prestwold Driving Centre
Important: the entrance to the carpark will be closed during the actual race for the safety of runners reentering the Prestwold estate, so cannot be used by spectators coming to see the finish / meet runners.
Also please note the exit from the car park is different from the entrance.
In the event of hot weather conditions
Please note that if the race-day weather is excessively hot (as it was in 2017) the Race Committee may opt to reduce the length of the race in the interest of runners' welfare.
There will be water stations on the course and water will be distributed at the finish. Drinks are also available for purchase from the start/finish area.
A single lap, fast course around the private Prestwold Driving Centre airfield and quiet surrounding country lanes.
The course is well marshalled with two water stations on the course, plus water at the finish line.
Download large version of map
- km 0-1: long straight, slight uphill
- km 1-4: lap of the race circuit
- km 4-5: track to Burton road
- km 5-6: Burton Road, 'rolling' country road
- km 6-9: Wymeswold village to Hoton
- km 9-10: through the village and back into the Prestwold Driving Centre, slight downhill to finish
Download the 2023 results [CSV]
Note: Excel file times do not show correctly on some Apple devices.
Email: [email protected]