Sunday 27 June 2021, 10am
Race now sold out.
About the race
The popular Prestwold 10K road race returns this Summer as part of the Leicestershire Road Running League (LRRL).
Set over a fast course around the private Prestwold Driving Centre airfield and quiet surrounding country lanes, Prestwold is the perfect race if you're eager for a quick time.
Extension of Covid restrictions
Due to the extension of Covid restrictions, the race will still take place with some modifications.
Before the race
- Don't attend the race if you have any Covid symptoms or have tested positive
- Don't queue to collect your number - a representative for each club needs to collect the pack of numbers for their club from the registration desk (opens 8.30am) to distribute to their members
- No baggage drop - either use club tents or keep in cars (which are parked right next to the race village)
- There is plenty of space for clubs to bring their tents and flags to provide a base for their runners
- Hand sanitisers available at race village and toilets
- Continue to observe social distancing - we have a large race village area to enable this
Starting the race (with a rolling start)
- Runners will be called to the start line based on their predicted finish time, with the faster runners at the start and slower runners near the back to avoid any congestion and minimise the need to overtake on course
- Places will be based on chip time, rather than gun time to enable a rolling start that can maintain social distancing
- Please listen careful to the announcer and marshals as you are moved from the race village area and through the wide gate to walk up to the start line, for an immediate rolling start
- There will be disposable masks for runners to wear as they start and then discard in the first 200m
During the race
- If you need to overtake on the course please give a wide berth of at least 1 meter around any runners or members of the public
- Sealed water bottles will be provided at both water stations and the finish, to be picked up by runners (not handed out) - please carefully dispose bottles in marked areas or keep until the finish
- Runners are encouraged to carry their own water to avoid extra congestion at water stations because of the self service measure
- Spectators may attend - preferably around the course rather than the start / finish area - they must observe social distancing throughout
After the race
- No awards ceremony - cash and voucher prizes will be distributed after race day
- Please leave the site promptly
- Contact the race organisers at [email protected] if you test positive for COVID after the event
Other changes for 2021 edition
The 2021 edition has been scaled down because of Covid:
- 600 places (not 900 like normal years)
- only open to runners affiliated with Leicestershire Road Running League (LRRL) clubs
- no momentos
- no children's fun run
- smaller race village
- reduced entry to £11
The race will still include:
- chip timing
- water stations on the course
- free parking next to start/finish area
- KM markers
- cash and voucher prizes for age categories (to be confirmed)
Proceeds from the race will go towards Derbyshire, Leicestershire and Rutland Air Ambulance.
Race day info
- club representatives should collect their pack of numbers on the morning from the registration desk (opens at 8.30am) to distribute to their runners - no race numbers will be sent in the post
- no baggage drop (the car park is next to the start / finish area)
- no on the the day registrations or transfers for 10km race
- some refreshments in the race village (coffees, teas, cold drinks, ice-creams)
- no headphones (of any type)
- Race starts: 10:00
- Runners start in waves based on estimated finish times - fastest runners start first (see Covid restrictions above)
Travel and parking
There is plenty of free parking next to start/finish area.
Prestwold Driving Centre
Important: the entrance to the carpark will be closed during the actual race for the safety of runners reentering the Prestwold estate, so cannot be used by spectators coming to see the finish / meet runners.
Also please note the exit from the car park is different from the entrance.
In the event of hot weather conditions
Please note that if the race-day weather is excessively hot (as it was in 2017) the Race Committee may opt to reduce the length of the race in the interest of runners' welfare.
There will be water stations on the course and water will be distributed at the finish. Drinks are also available for purchase from the start/finish area.
A single lap, fast course around the private Prestwold Driving Centre airfield and quiet surrounding country lanes.
The course is well marshalled with two water stations on the course, plus water at the finish line.
Download large version of map
- km 0-1: long straight, slight downhill
- km 1-4: lap of the race circuit, mostly flat
- km 4-5: track to Burton road
- km 5-6: Burton Road, 'rolling' country road
- km 6-9: Wymeswold village to Hoton
- km 9-10: through the village and back into the Prestwold Driving Centre, slight downhill to finish
2021 provisional results
Note: places are based on chip time (not gun time) because of the rolling start to adhere to Covid restrictions.
2021 Provisional results [CSV]
Please email queries about the results to [email protected] by midnight Friday 02 July.
Note: Excel file times do not show correctly on some Apple devices.
Email: [email protected]