Sunday 27 June 2021, 10am
Race now sold out.
Potential extension of Covid restrictions
If the Government announce the extension of Covid restrictions beyond the timetabled lifting on 21 June, the organisers have plans to stagger the race start.
More details will be provided in the race day communications.
About the race
The popular Prestwold 10K road race returns this Summer as part of the Leicestershire Road Running League (LRRL).
Set over a fast course around the private Prestwold Driving Centre airfield and quiet surrounding country lanes, Prestwold is the perfect race if you're eager for a quick time.
Changes for 2021 edition
Although races are allowed to be return to normal from 21 June (based on current Government guidance), the 2021 edition will be scaled down:
- 600 places (not 900 like normal years)
- only open to runners affiliated with Leicestershire Road Running League (LRRL) clubs
- no momentos
- no children's fun run
- no race village
- reduced entry to £11
The race will still include:
- chip timing
- water stations on the course
- free parking next to start/finish area
- KM markers
- cash and voucher prizes for age categories (to be confirmed)
Proceeds from the race will go towards Derbyshire, Leicestershire and Rutland Air Ambulance.
Race day info
- club representatives should collect their pack of numbers on the morning to distribute to their runners - no race numbers will be sent in the post
- no baggage drop (the car park is next to the start / finish area)
- no on the the day registrations or transfers for 10km race
- no headphones
Travel and parking
There is plenty of free parking next to start/finish area.
Prestwold Driving Centre
Important: the entrance to the carpark will be closed during the actual race for the safety of runners reentering the Prestwold estate, so cannot be used by spectators coming to see the finish / meet runners.
Also please note the exit from the car park is different from the entrance.
In the event of hot weather conditions
Please note that if the race-day weather is excessively hot (as it was in 2017) the Race Committee may opt to reduce the length of the race in the interest of runners' welfare.
There will be water stations on the course and water will be distributed at the finish. Drinks are also available for purchase from the start/finish area.
A single lap, fast course around the private Prestwold Driving Centre airfield and quiet surrounding country lanes.
The course is well marshalled with two water stations on the course, plus water at the finish line.
Download large version of map
- km 0-1: long straight, slight downhill
- km 1-4: lap of the race circuit, mostly flat
- km 4-5: track to Burton road
- km 5-6: Burton Road, 'rolling' country road
- km 6-9: Wymeswold village to Hoton
- km 9-10: through the village and back into the Prestwold Driving Centre, slight downhill to finish
Note: Excel file times do not show correctly on some Apple devices.
Email: [email protected]