Sunday 24 June 2018 | 10:00am
Sponsored by Kirby & West
Official race photos are now on the Funtorun website (split by club), or access the full gallery.
About the race
The popular Prestwold 10K road race returns this Summer as part of the Leicestershire Road Running League (LRRL).
Set over a fast course around the private Prestwold Driving Centre airfield and quiet surrounding country lanes, Prestwold is the perfect race if you're ready to take the step up to 10K or eager for a quick time.
Race day info
Please collect your race number and timing chip on the morning of the race. No numbers have been sent by post.
Numbers for runners in an LRRL club will be bundled together and given to a representative of the club who will then distribute them to their members - look for your club tent or banner.
Otherwise you can collect your number from the Registration Desk in the race village (from 08:30) You only need to say your name.
There are no on the day entries for the 10K.
Entries for the 1 Mile Fun Run are on the day and £2 per person. Children under 7 years need to be accompanied by an adult.
Transfers can be made via the EventEntry website. The deadline for transfers is 10pm, 17 June.
8:30 - number / timing chip collection opens in race village
9:15 - Fun Run starts
10:00 - 10K race starts
Travel and parking
There is plenty of free parking next to race village start/finish line.
Prestwold Driving Centre
Important: the entrance to the carpark will be closed during the actual race for the safety of runners reentering the Prestwold estate, so cannot be used by spectators coming to see the finish / meet runners.
Also please note the exit from the car park is different from the entrance.
In the event of hot weather conditions
Please note that if the race-day weather is excessively hot (as it was in 2017) the Race Committee may opt to reduce the length of the race in the interest of runners' welfare.
There will be 2 water stations on the course and water will be distributed at the finish. Drinks are also available for purchase from the race village stalls.
About the race
- open to all: from first time 10k racers to club runners
- chip timing
- race village
- fun run (with a medal for runners) - 9am / entries on the day
- race momento
- water stations on the course
- free parking next to race village and start/finish line
- KM markers
- cash and voucher prizes for age categories
Proceeds from the race will go towards Derbyshire, Leicestershire and Rutland Air Ambulance.
- open to all runners (affiliated and unaffiliated)
- race limit of 900
- all entries online via the evententry.co.uk website
- fun run entries on the day
- no on the day registrations
- minimum age: 15yrs
- £13 affiliated / £15 non-affiliated
A single lap, flat and fast course around the private Prestwold Driving Centre airfield and quiet surrounding country lanes.
The course is well marshalled with water stations.
Download large version of map
- km 0-1: long straight, slight downhill
- km 1-4: lap of the race circuit, mostly flat
- km 4-5: track to Burton road
- km 5-6: Burton Road, 'rolling' country road
- km 6-9: Wymeswold village to Hoton
- km 9-10: through the village and back into the Prestwold Driving Centre, slight downhill to finish
- Running Fox
- Ice cream stand
- Coffee Man
- Tropic Suncare
- Peter Pizzeria
- Confectionately Yours
- Savannah Catering
- Hook a Duck
- East Midlands Air Ambulance
- Sand Art
- SJS Sports Massage
- Diane Hartley (massage)
- Jonathan Bott (massage)
- Gemma Richards (responsive physiotherapy)
Note: Excel file times do not show correctly on some Apple devices.