Tuesday club nights
UPDATE: The last Tuesday club night will be Tuesday 03 November. We will attempt to bring back Tuesday club nights once the Government relaxes COVID restrictions.
The safety of everyone is our overriding priority. We are monitoring the situation closely and following the guidance from the Government.
Only Club members that have renewed their membership for this year can participate to ensure we can comply with Track and Trace.
Register to participate in a group
Join the private Barrow Runners Training during COVID Facebook group.
By Sunday evening each week, each pace group leader will post on the Facebook group for the coming Tuesday:
- The pace of their group, e.g. 8:00 min miles
- Where and when their group will meet / start
- The route for their group
Note: groups will not all be starting from the same place like normal. This is to ensure large groups don't gather.
Find the leader / group you want to run with and add a comment to that Facebook post (that you want to join that group).
Each group can have up to six runners including the group leader. The first five members to comment will fill that group.
Please only register yourself to a group, by registering you agree to follow the clubs COVID procedures.
We are coordinating with group leaders to try and put on enough groups at the desired paces.
You must 'register' for a group in this way to ensure we don't have too many runners in a group and have a record of who ran in which group (for Track and Trace purposes). Please don't just turn up on the Tuesday night to run with a group.
Repeat this each week you want to participate.
On Tuesday night
Declare you are safe to run
In order to prevent the spread of the coronavirus and reduce the potential risk of exposure, we are asking everyone the following questions.
Do not attend if you answer YES to any of these questions. Notify your group leader via a private Facebook message if you are no longer attending.
In the group briefing the leader should also check each runner has read the questions and do not present a risk to others.
COVID declaration questions
1. Are you currently experiencing, or have you experienced in the past 14 days, any of the following symptoms? (Please take your temperature before you answer this question.)
- Fever 37.8° C
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
- Head or muscle aches
- Nausea, diarrhoea, vomiting
2. In the past 14 days, have you been in close proximity to anyone who was experiencing any of the above symptoms or has experienced any of the above symptoms since your contact?
3. In the past 14 days, have you been in close proximity to anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19?
4. Have you been tested for COVID-19 and are waiting to receive test results?
5. Have you tested positive for COVID-19, or are you presumptively positive for COVID-19 based on your symptoms?
- (1) you have had no fever for at least 72 hours (3 full days), without the use of fever-reducing medications
- (2) your other symptoms have improved; and at least 10 days have elapsed since your symptoms first appeared
6. In the past 14 days, have you travelled by any means outside of the UK to any country on the current Government's list requiring quarantine?
Please respond to each question truthfully and to the best of your ability. Your participation is important to help us take precautionary measures to protect you and others.
Guidelines for COVID safe running
- Group number are restricted for everyone's safety - do not join a group unless you have 'registered' with your group leader via Facebook
- If you start to feel unwell after you arrive, please let your group leader know at a safe distance, and return home
- If you test positive for COVID afterwards you must notify the Club
- Use hand sanitizer or wipes before joining your group
- Please stay in your car until one minute before you group is due to start to allow other groups space to start their runs
- Remember to social distance at the meeting point
- The run brief by your group leader will be short to reduce contact time
- Running side-by-side is good
- Try to keep a safe distance from the pair running in front
- Please do not spit when running
- Avoid using your hands to open or climb stiles or gates - carry a tissue or wipe, or use your wrist/forearm
- Consider walkers and other runners coming towards you, especially on pavements and paths - give them 2m clearance where possible
- Run leaders are asked to carry a mobile
- Do not touch your face (especially your eyes, nose, or mouth), after contact with another person, hard surface or documents before washing your hands
- If you sneeze or cough please use a tissue or your hand - use sanitizer as soon as possible and before touching your face
Thursday track session
UPDATE: Thursday track sessions are now suspended inline with the Government's new COVID restrictions. We will attempt to bring back Thursday sessions once the Government relaxes COVID restrictions.
The sessions will be relatively simple at first to ensure we best manage 'distancing' with the running and recovery.
Book your place in advance
You must book a place in advance on the Thursday night training booking sheet. It is a Google Sheet that anyone can access and update, although it may not work on a mobile phone. If you have any problems using the sheet please email [email protected]
- The sheet shows a block of 3 Thursdays, with 25 places per week
- Each member can only book one place for the 3 week block to make sure we can meet expected demand
- IF there are still free places at 5pm on the Wednesday, members that have run or registered for another Thursday in the 3 week block may also register for this week's Thursday
- You can book for yourself and others - but only club members can attend
- You will be able to sign up until 9am on the Thursday morning (if there are still places)
- Parents of Juniors wishing to run on the track will also need to sign up for one of the 25 places on the booking sheet (like any other member).
- If you can no longer attend your booking, remove your name from the sheet so another member can attend
- Please don't come if you are not on the list for the session
Important: the coaches will continue to post virtual Thursday training sessions on Facebook for members that don't wish to attend the track, or don't have a place for that week's session.
On the (Thursday) night
- Ensure you conform with the COVID declaration questions (listed above)
- Arrive at Ratcliffe College as close to 7pm as possible
- Upon arrival, there will be cones for each participant as their 'base' - any water bottle or clothing needs to be left at your base throughout the session
- Please don't warm up independently - the session will start with a warm up
- There will be a session briefing once everyone is there (or it is 7pm)
- All running on the track must be in single file unless you are overtaking
- We will stretch at the end of the session - this is optional if prefer to stretch at home
- Please leave the site promptly at the end