Barrow Runners Club Championships 2021
The Barrow Runners Club Championship is a competition open to all members. The results of these will ultimately decide our annual awards, held in November. This year we are operating a different format as it is difficult to select specific races to put into the calendar as it stands.
Instead, we have selected 4 distances to compete in during May to October:
- 1 mile
- Half marathon
You can attempt the distances as many times as you like to try and improve your time and position in the league table.
You are welcome to run any race of your choosing, real or virtual - as we know that some members may not feel comfortable returning to real races yet.
For the virtual races, these don't need to be an offically organised virtual race, you can go out and run the distances anytime, anywhere!
The club will promote races for each of the distances so we can all get together with our vests on and race as a club.
- For the 1 mile this will be the "mad mile" organised by the coaches at the Thursday track sessions.
- The 5k will be at one of the local parkruns such as Dishley when they start back up after June.
- For the 10k and Half Marathon we would welcome suggestions as races are announced.
But you are free to run any of the distances anytime you like.
- There are 4 race distances selected (to be spread across May to October)
- Scoring is based on the chip time of Barrow runners from race results or the Strava/Garmin time for virtual races
- Fastest Barrow male and female time for each distance is awarded 100 points, 2nd fastest time 99 points and so on.
- The tables are split male/female then by age categories (with ten year gaps V40-V80).
- Table updates and publishing will be quick, as soon as results are available or posted in the "RunDown".
General rules of prizes/awards
- The club maintain two championship tables: male and female
- Championship tables to be used to determine overall and category winners at annual awards presentation
- For virtual races, choose your own route, ideally an out and back or a loop ending where you started – avoiding any significant elevation loss overall
- Prizes allocated to 1st and runner up for male and female in categories: Senior (overall), V40, V50, V60, V70, V80.
- Age categories for prizes based on age on 1st Jan of championship year
- Overall category is all inclusive, i.e. Vets can win overall AND category
- Other awards (captains, coaches, performances etc decided by committee nominations)
- Any challenge should be made within 7 days of standings being published to [email protected]
- Committee decision is final
- You must be Barrow Member at the time of running to score, enter as a Barrow Runner and run in Barrow Colours
- Scoring based on the chip time of Barrow runners from the organiser race results or the Strava/Garmin time for virtual races eg 100 points fastest Barrow time, 100 points fastest female Barrow time, 99 for second fastest time and so on
- Where the final score for a prize is tied, award based on most head to head victories. If it remains a tie, award is shared.
- We are bringing back the "RunDown" so if you have competed in a race let the team know as usual
- The parkrun times will be taken from the parkrun results website
- The mad mile times are recorded on the day
- If you've improved your previous time, shout out and we will update your time in the championship and give you some well-deserved praise
- You can email any results though to [email protected]